|Mount Vernon Nazarene (Oh||15||16||26||16||73|
|Feb. 4, 2017|
|Mount Vernon, OH|
|Taylor (Ind.)||Indv. Leaders||Mount Vernon Nazarene (Oh|
|#32 Kendall Bradbury - 15||Points||#32 Natalie Carpenter - 18|
|#32 Kendall Bradbury - 11||Rebounds||#12 Dani Ellerbrock - 12|
|2 Players (#10,#15) - 3||Assists||#22 Sierra Basista - 5|
|Taylor (Ind.)||Team Statistics||Mount Vernon Nazarene (Oh|
|40.3% (25 - 62)||Field Goals %||43.3% (29 - 67)|
|7.7% (1 - 13)||3 Point Field Goals %||31.6% (6 - 19)|
|78.6% (11 - 14)||Free Throws||90% (9 - 10)|
|4||2nd Chance Pts||11|
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio – The Mount Vernon Nazarene University women's basketball team picked up a win over the visiting Taylor University Trojans Saturday afternoon in Ariel Arena. Freshman Dani Ellerbrock recorded a double-double, including a career-high 12 rebounds.
- Final Score: MVNU 73 | TU 62
- Records: MVNU 10-16 (4-10) | TU 11-15 (6-8)
- Dani Ellerbrock – 17 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists
- Natalie Carpenter – 18 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals
- Megan Beildelman – 10 points, 9 rebounds
- Taylor got going early, pushing out to a nine-point lead with just under two minutes remaining in the first quarter. Three-straight baskets from the Lady Cougars would bring MVNU to within three at the end of the period.
- Taylor would open the second quarter with three-straight buckets of their own, extending their lead back to nine.
- Back-to-back threes from junior Sophie Kinnard brought the Lady Cougars to within three. Two points from Dani Ellerbrock with nine seconds remaining would leave MVNU trailing 32-31 going into halftime.
- MVNU's offense broke out in the third quarter, scoring 26 points on 10 of 16 shooting from the field. Junior Natalie Carpenter led the offensive surge with nine points in the quarter while senior Megan Beidelman added seven points, giving MVNU the 57-48 lead.
- MVNU would lead by as many as 18 points in the fourth before finishing the 73-62 victory.
- Taylor was led by Kendall Bradbury with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
POSTGAME WITH COACH SHORT
"We were just aggressive. I said at halftime that if we come out and be more aggressive and get more points in the paint, we would have a good result. We took them out of their flow. They were forcing some shots that they don't usually. Our defense was huge today. We had some different people step up and it was huge to have all that contribution."
NEXT FOR THE LADY COUGARS
MVNU will be at home Wednesday evening as Goshen College visits Ariel Arena. The Crossroads League contest is set for a 7 p.m. start.