|Mount Vernon Nazarene (Oh 11-17 (5-11)||11||14||20||19||64|
|Bethel College 10-18 (7-9)||17||18||15||27||77|
|Feb. 11, 2017|
|Mount Vernon Nazarene (Oh||Indv. Leaders||Bethel College|
|#50 Megan Beidelman - 22||Points||#22 Madison Schrock - 23|
|#50 Megan Beidelman - 11||Rebounds||#34 Savannah Bley - 10|
|#12 Dani Ellerbrock - 9||Assists||2 Players (#12,#32) - 4|
|Mount Vernon Nazarene (Oh||Team Statistics||Bethel College|
|43.1% (25 - 58)||Field Goals %||52.2% (24 - 46)|
|23.1% (3 - 13)||3 Point Field Goals %||58.3% (7 - 12)|
|64.7% (11 - 17)||Free Throws||78.6% (22 - 28)|
|20||2nd Chance Pts||4|
MISHAWAKA, IN – The Mount Vernon Nazarene University women's basketball team fell on the road to Bethel College, 64-77 Saturday afternoon in Crossroads League action.
· Final Score: MVNU 64, Bethel 77
· Records: MVNU 11-17 (5-11), Bethel 10-18 (7-9)
· Megan Beidelman (SR/Lewis Center, OH)- 22 points, 11 rebounds
· Rachel Parks (SO/Mount Vernon, OH)- 15 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists
· Dani Ellerbrock (FR/Ottawa, OH)- 8 points, 9 assists, 4 steals
· Natalie Carpenter (JR/Johnstown, OH)- 8 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals
· The Lady Cougars fell behind to Bethel early in the first half, as BC would knock down their first four shots in the contest. MVNU would fight back, closing the first quarter only down 11-17.
· MVNU would dominate the glass in the second quarter, outrebounding the Lady Pilots 9-4 in the ten minute span.
· Bethel would continues their hot shooting in the second quarter, shooting 58% from the field, as they would take a 35-25 lead over the Lady Cougars at halftime.
· The Lady Cougars would respond immediately to Bethel's hot shooting in the first half with a 60% shooting performance in the third quarter. MVNU would compile a 10-2 run, topped off by a Megan Beidelman free throw, to pull the game within two points midway into the quarter. Bethel was able to contain a 50-45 lead going into the fourth quarter.
· The Lady Cougars would jump on the Lady Pilots early in the fourth quarter, tying the game 50-50 thanks to a Natalie Carpenter trey.
· The Lady Pilots would make a late run to pull ahead and seal the game with free throws at the end.
· MVNU finished shooting 43.1% shooting, while Bethel would connect on 58.3% of their threes in the contest. MVNU won the rebounding battle 29-25 and dish out 18 assists.
· The Lady Pilots would have strong performances from Madison Schrock (23 points) and Kamala Glenn (17 points, 4 rebounds).
NEXT FOR THE LADY COUGARS
The Lady Cougars will be on the road again this Wednesday evening at Indiana Wesleyan University. Tip off is set for 7:00pm.