|Mount Vernon Nazarene Uni (29-18)||0||0||0||0||0||0||4||1||0||5||7||0|
|Mount Vernon, OH|
|Miami-Hamilton||Pitching||Mount Vernon Nazarene Uni|
|Miami-Hamilton||Indv. Stats||Mount Vernon Nazarene Uni|
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio – The Mount Vernon Nazarene University baseball team picked up another win in non-conference play Tuesday afternoon at Cougar Field, topping the University of Miami-Hamilton Harriers.
- Game Score: MVNU 5, UMH 3
- Records: MVNU 29-18 | UMH 24-19
- Location: Cougar Field | Mount Vernon Nazarene University | Mount Vernon, Ohio
- It was all defense in the first six innings as the two teams combined for just five hits over the first six frames with Miami-Hamilton scoring the game's lone run.
- The Cougar offense broke open in the bottom of the 7th as the first two batters reached on walks and were driven in by a Brandt Miller single. Drew Ritchey and Nick Moser hit back-to-back doubles, scoring two more runs and giving MVNU a 4-1 lead.
- MVNU tacked on another run in the 8th as Jesse Staudt scored on a wild pitch.
- The Harriers would start to mount a comeback in the top of the 9th, scoring two runs to pull within two, but would not be able to plate any more runs, sealing the 5-3 win for MVNU.
- Nick Moser: 1-for-3, 2B, 2 BB, 2 RBI
- Brandt Miller: 1-for-4, R, 2 RBI
- Jacob Chrysler: GS, 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R (1 ER), BB, 4 K
NEXT FOR THE COUGARS
MVNU resumes Crossroads League play tomorrow as Spring Arbor returns to Cougar Field to wrap their series with the Cougars. It will be Senior Day as the team honors its four graduates prior to first pitch, which is set for 3:30 p.m.