|Spring Arbor (Mich.) (18-24 (11-10))||2||4||0||0||2||0||2||0||0||10||14||1|
|Mount Vernon Nazarene Uni (29-19 (11-10))||0||5||0||0||2||0||1||0||0||8||14||5|
|Mount Vernon, OH|
|Spring Arbor (Mich.)||Pitching||Mount Vernon Nazarene Uni|
|Spring Arbor (Mich.)||Indv. Stats||Mount Vernon Nazarene Uni|
|3 Players||Doubles||#22 Staudt, Jesse|
|#27 Ondina, Francisco||Triples||None|
|#21 Reed, Tyler||Home Runs||None|
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio – The Mount Vernon Nazarene University baseball team fell in Crossroads League action Wednesday afternoon as the visiting Spring Arbor University Cougars prevailed on an offense-filled day at Cougar Field. With the win, SAU avoids the series sweep as MVNU won the teams' first two meetings on April 11. The victory moves SAU into a tie with MVNU for fourth place in the Crossroads League standings with six games remaining in the regular season.
- Game Score: MVNU 8, SAU 10
- Records: MVNU 29-19 (11-10) | SAU 18-24 (11-10)
- Location: Cougar Field | Mount Vernon Nazarene University | Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Spring Arbor jumped out to an early 6-0 lead after plating two runs in the 1st and four in the 2nd. MVNU responded by batting around in the bottom of the 2nd, scoring five runs on six hits and reducing the SAU to lead to 6-5.
- Both teams would score two runs in the 5th as SAU continued to hold onto its narrow lead at 8-7.
- Both teams added on in the 7th, this time on errors as SAU plated two runs on three MVNU errors and MVNU scored one run on one Spring Arbor miscue.
- That would be all the scoring as each team left two runners on in the 8th and both left one stranded in the 9th, giving SAU the 10-8 victory.
- Jaime Montero: 2-for-6, R, RBI
- Corey Gould: 2-for-4, BB, R, RBI
- Jesse Staudt: 2-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Bryce Arledge: GS, L, 2.0 IP, 6 R (6 ER), BB
NEXT FOR THE COUGARS
MVNU will finally get a couple of days off, having played seven of the last ten days, before resuming Crossroads League play on Friday at Bethel College. The opening contest of the three-game series is set for a 4 p.m. start.