|Mount Vernon Nazarene (Oh (32-22, 14-13 CL)||0||0||0||6||1||0||0||0||0||7||17||3|
|Indiana Wesleyan (26-27, 12-15 CL)||2||0||0||1||1||1||0||8||0||13||14||2|
|Upland, IN Winterhotler Field|
|Mount Vernon Nazarene (Oh||Pitching||Indiana Wesleyan|
|Mount Vernon Nazarene (Oh||Indv. Stats||Indiana Wesleyan|
|3 Players||Doubles||#27 West, Brady|
|None||Triples||2 Players (#21,#26)|
|None||Home Runs||3 Players|
UPLAND, Ind. – The Mount Vernon Nazarene University baseball team lost their final game of the regular season Tuesday afternoon in Crossroads League action as Indiana Wesleyan scored eight runs in the 8th inning to win the game and series.
- Game Score: MVNU 7 | IWU 13
- Records: MVNU 32-22 (14-13) | IWU 26-27 (12-15)
- Location: Winterhotler Field | Taylor University | Upland, Ind.
- Offense dominated the day with the two teams combining for 31 hits, nine of which were extra-base hits.
- Each team put together a big inning, with the Cougars plating six runs on seven hits in the 4th inning after sending 11 batters to the plate.
- The Wildcats' big inning would come in the 8th, trailing MVNU 7-5. IWU scored eight runs on five hits, including home runs from Andrew Breytenbach and Dan Rochotte, giving the Wildcats the 13-7 lead they would not relinquish.
- Jaime Montero: 3-for-6, R, 2 RBI
- Jesse Staudt: 3-for-5, R
- Brandt Miller: 3-for-5, 2B, R, RBI
- Clint Conner: GS, 6.0 IP, 8 H, 5 R (4 ER), BB, 2 K
NEXT FOR THE COUGARS
MVNU will begin play in the Crossroads League Tournament on Saturday at Cougar Field as the #4 seed, taking on #5 seed Spring Arbor University. First pitch is set for 2 p.m.